|« Macaroni and Cheese||Fresh Strawberry Glaze Pie »|
7 Layer Vegetarian Dip
I normally don't do vegetarian, and I have to admit that I really had to stretch to do a dip this big without meat. But it turned out really well and definitely worth the effort.
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 boxes (7.25 oz each) macaroni and cheese
- 1 cans (15.5 oz each) refried beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 can (7 oz) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 jars (10.25 oz.) salsa con queso
- Sour cream
- 1/3 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the refried beans, tahini, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Puree together. Set aside.
- Dice the red peppers and onions. Fry until tender. Remove from the heat and combine with the black beans. Set aside.
- Assemble layers on a large serving platter:
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cream cheese
- Refried beans
- Salsa con queso
- Black beans w/ peppers and onions
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
No feedback yet
Form is loading...