|« Grilled Pizza||Grasshopper Ice Cream Cake »|
Ambrosia salad is a Thanksgiving tradition in the Doyle family -- we've been eating this side dish every year since before I was born. It's like having dessert as a side-dish.
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Miracle Whip
- 1 package Cool Whip
- 1 can (28 oz.) fruit cocktail
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cans (11 oz) mandarin oranges
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, divided
- 1/3 - 1/2 lb. miniature marshmallows
- The marshmallows absorb moisture, so if you want it thicker then add more marshmallows.
- Cream together the cream cheese and Miracle Whip. Mix in the Cool Whip.
- Fold in the fruit coctail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, all but a dozen of the cherries, and the marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. It'll get more liquidy the longer it sits.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining dozen cherries.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...