|« Skyguard Rations||Strawberry Rhubarb Pie »|
Apple & Onion Beef Pot Roast
This is a tasty recipe for the crock pot that doesn't take very long to put together. The apple flavour is very subtle; if you make gravy from the drippings then that's probably where you'll taste it the most.
I decided to serve this up with some homemade white bread and corn on the cob to make a pretty classic dinner.
- 3 lb beef roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large apples, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- In large non-stick pan, brown all sides of the roast. Transfer roast to 5-qt crock pot.
- Add water to the skillet and stir to loosen any drippings. Pour over roast.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Top with apple & onion.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until the meat is tender (145ºF rare, 170ºF well done).
- Remove roast from crock pot. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- For gravy, string fluid from crock pot into a sauce pan, discarding apple. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 2 cups (about 15 minutes).
- Combine corn starch and water until smooth. Stir into gravy to thicken.
- Serve roast with gravy on top.
And the obligatory day-after roast beef sandwich
No feedback yet
Form is loading...