|« Cornmeal Chicken with Peach Salsa|
I made this for a company pot-luck/cooking competition. It's a great combination of a lot of flavors -- guaranteed to leave everyone wanting more (there's a blue ribbon to prove it!).
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 5-6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and flour.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 3/4 way up the side of 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Pour onto crust.
- In separate bowl, combine apple slices, cinnamon, sugar, and a small amount of lemon juice.
- Pour apple mixture over top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Push crust down to level with top of almonds.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F and bake for 25 more minutes