|« Grilled Burritos||Grilled Bacon & Asparagus »|
Asparagus, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Frittata
I must admit that I was so excited to try this that I just made it for dinner one day instead of breakfast. I can attest to the fact that it tastes good any time of day.
Yield: 4 servings
- 26 stalks asparagus, trimmed, divided
- 3 bunches green onions
- 4 strips bacon
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- Set aside two stalks of asparagus. Cut the rest into quarters.
- Chop the green onions. Place the asparagus and green onions on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and greased with baking spray. Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a 12" cast iron skillet. Remove the bacon and swish the grease around to fully coat the inside of the pan. Drain excess grease.
- Combine the crumbled bacon, eggs, milk, salt, pepper, basil, and 3/4 cup blue cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat together using a wire whisk.
- Over medium heat, pour the egg mixture into the cast iron skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, scraping the eggs from the sides and bottom as they cook.
- Add in the asparagus & onions and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the bottom starts to set, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese and reserve two stalks of asparagus.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes, until egg is soft set.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from Naturally Ella.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...