|« Apricot & Balsamic Glazed Turkey Breast||Boneless Chicken Wings with Honey BBQ Sauce »|
This green soup will get you solid serving of vegetables and the potatoes ensure that it'll still fill you up. The mint and coconut make for a unique, subtle flavor.
Other dishes in this photo:
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium shallots
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4.5 - 5 cups chicken stock
- Or vegetable stock if preferred
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas, divided
- About 20 mint leaves, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Trim the tips off of the asparagus and set aside. Trim and peel the stalks.
- Skin the potatoes and dice into cubes.
- Skin the shallots and thinly slice.
- In large pot, heat the oil and sauté the shallots.
- Add the chicken stock, asparagus stalks, potatoes, and 1 cup of frozen peas. Bring to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Strain and move the solid portion to a food processor (with a little fluid). Process until it's smooth. Put back into pot with the strained liquid.
- Mix well and return to a simmer. Add the mint leaves, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining frozen peas and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the reserves asparagus tips and cook for about ten minutes.
- Serve hot.