|« Chocolate Crinkle Cookies||Cinnamon Rolls »|
Au Gratin Potatoes
This is a classic potato dish that is pretty easy to make. Cook in a saucepan for 10 minutes, let it bake for a while in the oven, and you've got a fantastic side dish!
Yield: 6 servings
Other dishes in this picture:
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (6 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the sliced potatoes in the dish.
- In medium saucepan, saute the onion in the butter. Add the flour, salt, and pepper and cook until bubbly.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute. Remove from the heat. Add the grated cheese, reserving 1/2 cup. Stir until melted and then pour over the potatoes.
- Bake at 375°F for 60 minutes.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the potatoes and then sprinkle with paprika. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let stand on hotplate for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...