|« Pulled Pork||Brownie S'mores »|
Bacon and Chips Topped Macaroni and Cheese
A mac & cheese dish with a crispy topping of bacon and potato chips. Multiple cheeses and spices make this a recipe you'll come back to again and again.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. dry macaroni pasta
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the paste according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add the flour and cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Stir in the mustard, salt, black pepper, cayenne, nutmeg, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in cheddar and the Romano cheeses, until the cheeses are fully melted.
- Add in the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Pour the pasta into a greased 3 qt. casserole dish.
- For the topping, toss together the potato chips, romano, cumbled bacon, parsley, and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes. Cool five minutes before serving hot.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...