|« Apple Crisp||Chicken Piccata »|
Polenta is good, but it's one of those "eat it now or throw it away" dishes. So make it and enjoy it, but don't expect the leftovers to be too good.
Yield: 8 sesrvings
Other dishes in this picture:
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded romano cheese
- Put the water and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the cornmeal, and whisk together.
- Continue cooking and whisking occasionally to prevent burning. Go until it's thickened and when you scrape the bottom it doesn't flow back in. (About 20-30 minutes)
- Add the butter. Stir to mix together.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9-inch pie dish. Sprinkle with romano cheese.
- Bake at 450°F for 15-25 minutes, until crisp on top.
- Let rest on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot.