|« Chicken Noodle Soup||Cookies and Cream Cake »|
Everyone loves banana bread (and if you don't, you may not be a human). Every time the grocery store puts bananas on sale I grab a bunch and leave to them get nice and brown so that I can bake this treat.
Makes three loaves
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cups butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups mashed bananas (6-7. Make sure they're very ripe)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- Grease bottom only of 3 bread pans. (Don't grease the sides -- it'll make a weird looking side crust when it bakes)
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add in eggs.
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened. Don't overmix.
- Split batter evenly between the three pans. Bake at 350ºF for 60 - 75 minutes.
- Cool completely.