|« Mango Lemonade||Lemon Marinated Chicken »|
Banana Split Bites
These can be made ahead and then prepped in five minutes before serving, which makes it great when you're having company over. Especially if there are some kids.
Yield: 14 bites (4-5 servings)
- 2 yellow, firm bananas
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Rainbow-colored nonpereils
- Ice Cream
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries, patted dry
- (You'll notice in my picture that my cherries weren't dry and it therefore was a pain to balance them on the whipped cream. Learn from my mistake)
- Peel the bananas and cut into 1-inch sections.
- Dip the end of each banana section into the chocolate. Dip into the nonpereils and then place on wax paper to set.
- Once set, use a small paring knife to hollow out a hole in the center of each.
- Fill the hollow centers with ice cream. This is the most difficult part of the recipe. I ended up using softened ice cream a a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon to do it.
- Put the bananas into the freezer. Store until right before serving.
- Immediately before serving, remove from the freezer and put a small scoop of ice cream on top of each banana piece. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Adapted from Bakers Royale.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...