|« Chocolate Pecan Pie||Cornbread Dressing »|
Barbie Princess Cake
Why have a boring birthday cake when you can have a princess cake?
Yield: Approx. 25 servings
- 3 boxed cake mixes, fully prepared
- Any cake mix will work -- I used devil's food cake
- 32 tbsp butter
- 22 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- Food coloring, as desired
- 18-22 tbsp milk
- 1 barbie doll, clothes removed and preferably with the hair up.
- Prepare the cake mixes as indicated on the box. For two mixes, bake in 4x 9" round pans. For the third mix, bake in an oven-safe round mixing bowl.
- Cool the cake mixes and level them off.
- For the frosting, cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and food color. Add milk until smooth. If you don't have a mixer large enough to do this in one batch, split into several batches.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each cake layer. This will accomodate the doll later.
- Build the cake starting with the round layers. Frost between each layer and build it into a small tower. Next, invert the rounded cake and place on top.
- Put a thin layer of frosting over the entire cake. This is a crumb coat, so it doesn't have to look good yet -- it just has to cover the whole cake and hold it all together. Also, place a generous amount of frosting inside the center hole.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to help the frosting set.
- Spread a generous layer of frosting over the entire cake. The crumb coat should hold in the cake, so this layer will look nicer.
- Wrap the barbie doll in plastic wrap up to the chest and then insert in the middle of the cake. Use extra frosting to hold in place if necessary.
- Finalize decoration. I recommend piping some frosting onto the top half of barbie to complete the "dress" and putting candies over the body of the cake.
- Tip: The cake settled a little bit overnight and separated from the top of the "dress," giving barbie a midriff. Keep some extra frosting in case you need to touch it up immediately before serving.
This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen on this site. What would compel someone to put a doll in their cake? Barbie looks like she’s wearing a frosted roll of toilet paper.
Merely want to stress I’m just relieved that i came on the
I do accept as true with all the concepts you’ve offered for your
post. They’re really convincing and can certainly work.
Still, the posts are very quick for beginners. May you please extend them a
little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.
What’s up i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this
post i thought i could also make comment due to
this good post.
If you’re able to provide unique Diwali like a white steel Ganesha, wall hanging Diya or Goddess Lakshmi on a Lotus.
Wow, that’s what I was searching for, what a information! existing here
at this website, thanks admin of this web page.
So guys, it is time for you to sit back, relax, grab a can of cola or some cri Spectre snacks, and
get the really feel of Hollywood in your own space at just the click
of the mouse with Spectre Full Films, your favourite Motion pictures location.
Awesome blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring
writers? I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m
a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go
for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
Any suggestions? Thanks!
This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking
more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared
your site in my social networks!
There is definately a lot to find out about this subject.
I like all of the points you made.
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about,
why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving
us something informative to read?
Form is loading...