|« Ginger Ganache Candy||Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana Bread »|
Basil and Parmesan Bread
This savory bread will really excite your tastebuds. I was surprised how much flavor it packs fresh out of the oven.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-15 fresh basil leaves, minced
- Combine the milk and 1 tbsp butter. Heat to 110°F. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the milk mixture, egg, and cheese. Mix into a dough and knead for 6-8 minutes. (If needed, add more flour or milk to form the dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place to rise, about 60-75 minutes.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the remaining tbsp butter. Chop the basil and add to the onions & garlic.
- Punch down the dough. Knead the onion mixture into it and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased bread pan and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30-45 minutes).
- Bake at 350°F for 35-50 minutes. Serve warm.
Adapted from Ariana's Recipes.
Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I
guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips for beginner blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with new recipes or tinker with the code for your blog. Both can be a whole lot of fun.
Form is loading...