|« Cinnamon-Nut Tube Cake||Grandma's Teabiscuits »|
A good stew is easy to make, filling, and leaves great smells permeating your home. You can substitute just about any spices or tuberous vegetables you have laying around, which also makes it a great way to use up leftovers.
Other dishes in this picture:
- 12 radishes, cut into halves
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp chopped celery leaves
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef broth
- Put the prepared vegetables into a crock pot. Add the beef cubes and spices.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Set on low and let cook for 4.0 - 5.5 hours.
- When the beef is fully cooked, it's ready to eat. Laddle into bowls and serve hot.