|« Anise Candy||Blondie Brownies »|
If you can brown beef then you can make this easy and tasty dinner.
Yield: 8-10 tostadas
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 large leaves of romain lettuce
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- Spices (feel free to improvise )
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Chop the onion & tomato. Cut the lettuce into small pieces. Grate the cheese.
- Spray cooking spray on both sides of your corn tortillas. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375ºF for about 15 minutes, flipping every five. They should be baked until crispy and lightly browned.
- In a small pot, heat the refried beans over low heat.
- Place the beef, onion, and spices into a skillet. Brown over medium heat.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread a layer of beans on a tortilla. Add beef & some cheese. Top with lettuce & tomato and additional cheese.
Lara made these last night following your recipe - they were great! She loves reading your blog.
Paul & Lara, I’m glad they turned out well.
Form is loading...