|« Lemon and Basil Chicken||Watermelon Shark »|
Beer Brats and Onions
It's hard to find something more classically Wisconsin than beer brats. Most recipes don't have this many spices and instead just use plain beer, but I think that taking five minutes to get the right spices together takes the brats from good to great.
Yield: 5 brats
- 2 cans beer
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 5 bratwurst (There is enough beer & onions for more if you want to go bigger. You could do up to 10 in one batch)
- Pour the beer into a large skillet. Add the spices and warm over low heat.
- Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the brats. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the brats to a heated grill and cook over medium heat for 9-12 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the brats in a bun with cooked onions on top. Discard the beer liquid.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...