|« Swedish Creme||Peanut Butter Cheesecake »|
Black and White Angel Food Cake
This cake is light and fluffy, which is great for people who tend to eat too much at dinner and run out of room for dessert .
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- To make the cake, combine the flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cream of tartar, salt, and egg whites. Whip at high speed until foamy. Add remaining 3/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Sift the flour mixture into the egg white mixture, folding together.
- Spoon half of the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Run a knife through the batter to break up air bubbles.
- Sift the cocoa into the remaining half of the batter and fold in. Spoon into the tube pan over the vanilla batter. Run a knife through the batter to break up air bubbles.
- Bake at 325°F for 55 minutes.
- Invesrt the ban and cool completely. Carefully remove from the pan onto a plate.
- For the glaze, beat together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla. You can thicken/thin it as necessary by adding more milk or powdered sugar.
- Place the glaze into a ziploc bag and snip the corner. Drizzle half of the glaze over the cake as shown in the picture below.
- With remaining half of the glaze, mix in the cocoa powder. Fill another ziploc bag, snip the corner, and drizzle over the cake.
- Garnish with halved strawberries.
Adapted from MyRecipes.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...