|« Chocolate Gingerbread Cake||Jack Daniel's Bacon Mac 'n Cheese »|
Quite possibly the most perfect appetizer ever!
Yield: 4 servings
- Egg Wash
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cups Italian flavored Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large white onion
- 3 tbsp ranch dip
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the egg wash. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the ingredients for the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Prepare your onion by cutting the top off (about 1/4 inch) and peeling the skin. On the root end, trim just barely enough to make it able to stand up straight.
- Using a large knife, cut down from the top of the onion into eight wedges without cutting through the bottom. Separate the wedges gently without breaking any off.
- Dip the onion into egg mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and greased with cooking spray. Gently separate every each petal and spoon egg mixture between.
- Gently spoon bread crumb mixture between each petal.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch drip and sour cream.
- Transfer the onion to a serving dish. Spoon the dip onto the center and serve warm.
Adapted from Yammie's Noshery.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...