|« Strawberry, Asparagus, and Bacon Salad||S'mores Cheesecake »|
Blueberry Crumb Bars
This dessert is pretty easy to make and a great summertime snack. I used blueberries, but you could use just about any berry.
Yield: 16 Servings
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 1/4 tbsp large-grain sanding sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Cut the butter into the mixture until it is crumbly.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture and stir together with a fork. Set aside.
- In a third mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Stir in the lemon juice and blueberries. Toss to coat.
- Press 2/3 of the flour mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" x 9" baking dish. Spread blueberry mixture on top, and then sprinkle remaining flour mixture over the blueberries. Sprinkle sanding sugar over the top.
- Bake at 375°F for 38-42 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares. Serve by themselves, or warm with some ice cream.
Adapted from Cooking Classy.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...