|« Cornbread Dressing||Jalapeno Cornbread »|
I made the mistake of making these in a 9" square pan instead of 12", meaning that they turned out too thick and broke into irregular shapes. But if you use a 12" pan then they'll turn out much better. I've already corrected the recipe below to take that into account.
While still a difficult baking task, toffee is one of the easier candies to make.
Yield: 81 Pieces
- 675g Sugar
- 169g Brown Sugar
- 169g Light corn syrup
- 169g Sweetened condensed milk
- 281g butter
- 17g salt
- 17g vanilla
- Brazil nuts, toasted and cut into halves or thirds
- Light chocolate, melted (for dipping)
- Combine the sguar, brown sugar, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and salt in a 4 qt. pot. Heat to 150°C/302°F while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. It will boil/steam a bit. Stir it in vigorously.
- Pour mixture into a 12" square silicone pan. Place brazil nut pieces into the toffee.
- When the mixture has cooled a bit, use a straight edge to score marks in straight lines.
- When completely cooled, break into pieces. Dip in light chocolate and place on wax paper to set.