|« Cheese Bread||Blueberry Rhubarb Pie »|
Pork steaks aren't a common cut of meat, but prepared correctly they can sure be tasty. A slow cooking in the oven or the grill is the perfect way to prepare this meat.
Yield: 4 servings.
- Rub (feel free to experiment )
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper (scale back if you don't like spicy)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 pork steaks, 2 lbs. total
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup white wine
- Combine the spices. Dry rub onto your pork steaks.
- Arrange steaks in a casserole dish. Disposable aluminum will make for easy cleanup.
- Broil on high for 3 minutes per side. Remove from oven.
- Combine BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, and white wine. Add to the steaks. It should not cover them, but come up right to the edge.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 250°F for 2.0 - 2.5 hours.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
Pro tip: If you salvage some sauce from the casserole dish, it goes well with mashed potatoes.