|« Cheese Bread||Blueberry Rhubarb Pie »|
Broiled Pork Steak
Pork steaks aren't a common cut of meat, but prepared correctly they can sure be tasty. A slow cooking in the oven or the grill is the perfect way to prepare this meat.
Yield: 4 servings.
- Rub (feel free to experiment )
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper (scale back if you don't like spicy)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 pork steaks, 2 lbs. total
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup white wine
- Combine the spices. Dry rub onto your pork steaks.
- Arrange steaks in a casserole dish. Disposable aluminum will make for easy cleanup.
- Broil on high for 3 minutes per side. Remove from oven.
- Combine BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, and white wine. Add to the steaks. It should not cover them, but come up right to the edge.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 250°F for 2.0 - 2.5 hours.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
Pro tip: If you salvage some sauce from the casserole dish, it goes well with mashed potatoes.
Thank you! This has been my go to recipe for pork steaks. We live in the MidWest and when we went to visit family in Tennessee they had never heard of pork steaks! We wanted to try cooking it for them but when we went to the local grocery store and asked the butcher for pork steaks he just stared at us like we were from Mars! Anyway, we like to eat them year round so this is a wonderful alternative to grilling. We are serving them tonight for friends and there is a foot of snow on the ground! Keep up the good work.
Great Recipe and supporting pics. THANKS. Mike (amateur)
Form is loading...