|« Heavenly Chocolate Cake||Peanut Butter Brownies »|
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
A fun alternative to traditional buffalo chicken wings, these meatballs pack a lot of flavor and make for a great appetizer. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Yield: Approx. 70 meatballs
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup minced celery, preferably including the leaves
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Celery sticks and blue cheese dressing
- Combine the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until blended. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauce mixture, chicken, eggs, minced celery, bread crumbs, and salt. Mix by hand until combpletely blended.
- Use the vegetable oil to grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Roll into 3/4 inch meatballs and place on the greased dish, lined up with the meatballs touching.
- Bake at 450°F for 15-20 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach 165°F internal temperature.
- Serve hot with a side of celery and blue cheese dressing.
I am making these today for Super Bowl… I used ground turkey and added crumbled blue cheese to the mixture… I hope they come out good.
Thanks for the comment, Kathy. I like your suggestion about adding blue cheese to the mixture.
Form is loading...