|« Swirled Bread||Chicken Pomegranate Stuffed Shells with Gorgonzola Sauce and Pine Nuts »|
Charlotte Chocolate and Toasted Hazelnuts
I was looking for a way to use up some extra ladyfingers that were laying around, and came up with this recipe. It's very rich and chocolaty, so you can't eat too much at once. Hope you like it.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 250g dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp liquid caramel (the kind you use for dipping apples at halloween)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 125g hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 300 ml water
- 150g sugar
- 6 tbsp vanilla extract
- 24 lady finger cookies
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup liquid caramel
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Hazelnuts, to taste
- Melt chocolate over low heat.
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Mix caramel with the egg yolks.
- In separate bowl, whisk egg whites on high until stiff.
- Combine melted chocolate with egg yolk mixture. Once mixed, fold in the egg whites. Next, mix in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar, and vanilla extract to make a thin syrup. Dip cookies in water and then line the bottom and sides of your dish.
- Spoon half the chocolate mixture on top. Place a layer of cookies (not dipped in syrup). Spread remaining chocolate mixture over top. Finish with another layer of cookies (not dipped in syrup).
- If the cookies on the sides stick up too far, trim them with a sharp knife.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Invert the container and drop the torte onto a flat surface. Allow to warm to room temperature while making the topping.
- For the topping, melt chocolate chips over low heat. Mix in caramel and whipping cream.
- Drizzle hot topping over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Serve and enjoy.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...