|« Cheddar Bacon Chicken||Raspberry & Chocolate Cheesecake »|
Chicken Cordon Bleu
This is an easy version of a rather classy dish. Your guests will love the look and taste, and you'll love that it's a breeze to make.
Yield: 5 servings
- 5 chicken breasts
- 10 slices of deli ham
- 1/2 lb. swiss cheese, in five slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 packages (17.3 oz.) puff pastry
- One 12" sheet will cover two chicken breasts
- Pound the chicken breasts flat.
- In a cast iron skillet, briefly cook the ham to lightly brown it.
- On each chicken breast, lay a slice of cheese and two slices of ham. Roll up and pin closed with a toothpick.
- Place each rolled chicken breast in the skillet and lightly cook the outside.
- Combine the egg and water. Beat until mixed.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Slice each sheet in half and place a chicken breast on each half. Roll over the breast. Lightly brush the egg mixture over the edge to seal and pinch the sides closed.
- Arrange the pastry-stuffed chicken in a greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes. Cool for five minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...