|« Yankee Cornbread||Strawberry Rhubarb Pie »|
This is an easy chili recipe that can be prepared in about 15 minutes and then just left to cook. As written it's a medium-spicy chili, and you can tweak the spices as desired to change that.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cans (15 oz each) beans
- Brown the onion, beef, and garlic in a skillet. Drain the fat and place in crock pot.
- Add the bell peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and spices to the crock pot. Stir to mix everything.
- Cook on low for about two hours.
- Drain the fluid from the beans and add them to the crock pot. Cook on low for another 30 - 60 minuntes.
- Serve hot. Add Tabasco sauce if you want a little more kick.