|« Stir-Fried Bok Choy||Swedish Creme »|
Chili Cheese Fries Pizza
This hefty behemoth has: 2 lbs. potatoes, 1 1/3 lbs. corn dogs, 2 lbs. chili, 1/2 lb. bacon, & 1 lb. of cheese.
Oh, and did I mention that the corn dogs are baked right into the crust?!
Yield: 8 servings
- 4-5 cups flour, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp yeast
- 4 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 8 corn dogs, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 1 egg white
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 lbs french fries, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) chili, warmed on the stove
- 1/2 lb. thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces and cooked
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Mix in the vegetable and warm water.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a dough. Knead for 5-7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled. (About 30 minutes)
- Punch the dough down. Roll it out into a large sheet about 1/3-inch thick.
- Remove the sticks from the cooked corn dogs. Arrange in a circle on the dough in a 9-inch diameter. Fold the dough over the corn dogs towards the center, making sure that they are completely covered. Trim the excess dough, and use a fork to press the seam closed.
- Place the dough in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
- Brush the edge of the crust with the egg white, and sprinkle liberally with sea salt.
- Bake the crust at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the over. Top with half of the cheese, followed by the potatoes. After that, add the chili, bacon bits, and remaining cheese. Finally, top with the jalapeno slices.
- You may find that you don't quite use all of the potatoes or chili. That's ok. It'll vary based on exactly how tightly you wrapped the crust around the corn dogs. Just use whatever fits.
- Return to the oven and bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Epic Meal Time.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...