|« Armadillo Eggs||Cheddar Broccoli Soup »|
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
Cheesecake. Chocolate. Caramel. What more could you ask for on a cold, rainy day?
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- Dipping caramel, if desired
- Put sugar in a medium pot. Cook over low heat, stirring regularly until it melts and develops a deep brown color. (If you're interested, it turns brown due to the Maillard reaction)
- Add the heavy whipping cream (you'll get a ton of steam) and stir until mixed.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Once mixed, add the sour cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Pour in the caramel/chocolate mixture and mix well.
- To make the crust, pour the melted butter over the cracker crumbs. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour the filling into the pan.
- Fill a large baking pan with hot water. Place on the lowest rack in the oven. (The moisture will help keep the cheesecake from drying out)
- Bake cake on the middle rack in the over at 350ºF for 55 minutes. The sides will be set, but the center will still be wobbly.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve. Top with dipping caramel (like you get at halloween to dip apples).
No feedback yet
Form is loading...