|« Strawberry BBQ Sauce||Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread »|
Chocolate Pear Hazelnut Tart
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3-6 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/3 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp baking cocoa
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- 6 canned pear halves, sliced and patted dry
- 3 tbsp honey
- For the crust, combine the flour, hazelnuts, and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. While tossing with a fork, add enough water to form a dough. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, combine the hazelnuts, butter, brown sugar, and baking cocoa. Add the almond extract and egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites on high until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface. Transfer to an 11" tart pan. Trim the edge to be flush with the top and prick several times with a fork.
- Spread the filling into the tart shell. It's ok that it's not up to the top edge -- it'll rise while baking.
- Place ths sliced pear halves over the filling in a pattern similar to the picture. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Immediately brush the honey over the pears, being careful not to ruin the top.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...