|« Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread||Mixed Spice Burgers »|
Coconut Strawberry Mousse Cake
Light and fluffy mousse with a coconut twist, combined with a homemade strawberry sauce.
Yield: 12 servings
- 21 grams dark chocolate
- 108 grams butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup + 1.5 tbsp flour, sifted
- Coconut Mousse
- 253 grams white chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 bottle (3.7 ml) (0.125 fl. oz.) coconut flavoring
- Strawberry Sauce
- 15 oz. frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 3/4 tsp cornstarch
- Chocolate Mousse
- 42 grams dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Fresh strawberries
- Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper. Grease & flour the bottom only.
- Melt 21 grams of dark chocolate.
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time while continuing to beat.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Fold in the flour. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan. Ensure that it's evenly spread over the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the coconut mousse, melt the white chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the cream and coconut flavor and whip. Whip in the white chocolate. Spread over the cake and place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- For the strawberry sauce, place the strawberries and powdered sugar in a sauce pan and heat until simmering. Mash lightly
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with enough cold water to make a thick, smooth paste. Once the strawberries are boiling, stir in the cornstarch.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes. Spread over the coconut mousse and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Fun fact: You just created a non-Newtonian fluid.
- For the chocolate mousse, melt the dark chocolate. Whip the cream and then whip in the melted chocolate. Put into a pastry bag and pipe onto the top of the strawberries. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from the springform pan. Garnish with fresh strawberries along the edge and serve.
Adapted from Lindt USA.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...