|« Beef Bourguinon||Eggs in a Basket »|
Coriander Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples and Caramelized Onions
The spice combination on these chops is perfectly complemented by the sweet flavor of the apples.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Rome apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless butterfly pork chops, 1/2 lb. each
- Melt 1 tbsp butter with 2 tbsp in a large skillet. Sautée the onions over medium heat until they are browned. Stir in the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tbsp butter in a skillet. Cook the onions until browned, flipping once. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Dredge the pork chops through the sauce coating both sides. Cook the chops in a skillet, searing for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place the onions in a casserole dish. Add the pork chops and then top with the apples. Cover and bake at 400°F for 7 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops directly out of the oven with the onions and apples.
Adapted from Country Living.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...