|« Coriander Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples and Caramelized Onions||Chocolate Polka Dot Cheesecake »|
Eggs in a Basket
Whip up this simple breakfast and I promise your girlfriend will be impressed.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 slices of homemade bread, thick cut
- 4 eggs
- Blue cheese, to taste
- Butter both sides of your two slices of bread. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, remove the center of each.
- Heat your skillet to medium. Place the bread slices onto the skillet and crack two eggs into the center of each slice.
- Using the edge of your spatula, occasionally "cut" into the egg white to encourage it to cook all the way through.
- Flip when the egg is halfway cooked. Add the two heart cut-outs to the pan.
- When the egg is almost done, top with blue cheese crumbles. Cover the skillet and turn the heat down to low. The steam will be enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot, right out of the skillet.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...