|« Turkey/Chicken Stuffing||Cranberry Cheesecake »|
I've always loved fudge. I got a new recipe book a week ago with a recipe that sounded good, so I had to try this out. Turns out it's super-easy and super-tasty -- a winning combination! I made a double-batch -- half with nuts and half without.
- 1 generous cup sugar
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate, grated
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Grease a 7 inch square pan.
- Melt sugar, milk, and butter over low heat until the sugar is fully disolved.
- Raise heat and bring to a boil. Cook until it reaches softball (240 F).
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla, chocolate, and nuts. Beat vigorously until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour into greased pan. Let cool.
- Cut into small squares. Store in refrigerator. Warm to room temperature before serving.