|« Greek Potato Salad||Asparagus, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Frittata »|
I had never made grilled burritos before, but this seemed like a fun way to mix up the normal Mexican food routine. If you like crispy shells then you'll love this. As with all Mexican, feel free to play around with the fillings and substitute your favorite meats, vegetables, or toppings.
Yield: 8 burritos (4 servings)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) refriend beans
- 8 large burrito shells
- 1/2 lb. cheese, shredded
- Butter or margarine
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with the spices. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Heat the refried beans in a medium pot over low heat.
- Divide the beans, meat, vegetables, and cheese evenly among the eight burrito shells. Fold.
- Brush a light layer of butter or margarine onto the burritos. This will help it crisp when cooking.
- Place the burritos on the grills, seam side down, and cook over medium heat until the shells start to brown (about 3-5 minutes). Repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...