|« Garlic Whipped Potatoes & Rutabagas||Chocolate Almond Silk Pie »|
Hearty Whole Wheat and Nut Bread
Make your homemade bread even more awesome by mixing in a few bonus ingredients.
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp wheat gluten
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 cups white flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients up to the walnuts. Mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and molasses and mix together. Add the water and mix until it's a consistent slurry.
- Knead in enough remaining white flour to form a bread dough. Knead for about 5-7 minutes longer.
- Move the dough to a greased mixing bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 60-90 minutes.
- Punch the dough down. Turn it on a flour surface and divide in half. With each half, roll it into a large rectangle and roll it up the long way. Place in a greased bread pan and let rise until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...