|« Blueberry-Dijon Chicken||Tie-Dye Cake »|
These cookies are quick and easy to throw together and have a unique shape to them. After making one batch you'll immediately think about making more.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well. Dough will be thick.
- Drop walnut-sized portions onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350ºF for 7 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For icing, mix the sugar, milk, and almond extract. It should be soupy.
- Dip each cooking into the icing, return to the wire rack, and top with sprinkles.
Adapted from Poor and Pretty.