|« Chocolate Swirled Buns||Beer Brats and Onions »|
Lemon and Basil Chicken
This breaded chicken recipe is moist and flavorful. It's great for a nice cozy dinner for you and a friend.
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flatened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Extra lemon slices for garnish
- Extra basil leaves for garnish
- Beat the egg and flour together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, romano cheese, basil, lemon zest, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the egg mixture and let excess drip off. Dredge through the bread crumbs and then cook in skillet until browned, about two minutes per side.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet that's been lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes. Broil for the last minute.
- Top each breast with a lemon slice and basil leaf. Serve hot.
Adapted from Cooking Classy.
Flavor-wise, this came out great! But I did learn two things: egg beaters is no substitute for eggs as a binder and I should’ve used a non-stick pan. ^_^;
Thanks for posting a reply! I’m glad the flavor turned out well. I’ve never used Egg Beaters, so I don’t know much about that.
As for sticking, you can use non-stick. If you really want to get serious about it then you could line the baking sheet with parchment paper. It’s available in any grocery store.
Another option would be to get silicone bakeware. It’s a little inconvenient because it’s bendable, but absolutely nothing will stick to silicone. It’s a sure-fire bet. I have a 9x9 pan made of silicone and I use it for the most sticky stuff that I bake.
Form is loading...