|« Cookie Dough Brownies||Milky Way Brownie Cups »|
Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
This twist on the classic stuffed pepper fuses together the flavors of Mexican spices to make a great dinner.
Yield: 7-8 servings (depends on the size of your peppers
- 7-8 large green bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 oz. shredded cheese
- Cut the top off the green bell peppers. Chop up the usable part of the tops and set aside. Cook in boiling water for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add the onions and chopped bell peppers about halfway through cooking the beef. Set aside.
- Strain the black beans and corn. Combine and place in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat.
- Combine together the meat mixture, beans & corn, rice, salsa, chopped green chilies, and spices. Stir together. Spoon into the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 2-4 minutes longer until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...