|« Seasoned Dinner Rolls||Cookies n' Cream Brownies »|
This bread is simply delicious. It's a great snacking dish, so pull some pieces off and enjoy the cheesey goodness.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 sourdough loaf, 2 lbs.
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Using a serated knife, cut the bread lengthwise into 1-inch strips without cutting through the bottom. Next, cut the bread widthwise into 1-inch strips, again without cutting through the bottom.
- Insert cheese into the slits. You should have enough cheese to fill all slices.
- Place the loaf on large aluminum foil sheet on top of a baking sheet.
- Mix the butter, onions, and poppy seeds. Pour over the bread. Seal the bread in the foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from The Girl who Ate Everything.