|« Seasoned Dinner Rolls||Cookies n' Cream Brownies »|
Onion & Cheese Bread
This bread is simply delicious. It's a great snacking dish, so pull some pieces off and enjoy the cheesey goodness.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 sourdough loaf, 2 lbs.
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Using a serated knife, cut the bread lengthwise into 1-inch strips without cutting through the bottom. Next, cut the bread widthwise into 1-inch strips, again without cutting through the bottom.
- Insert cheese into the slits. You should have enough cheese to fill all slices.
- Place the loaf on large aluminum foil sheet on top of a baking sheet.
- Mix the butter, onions, and poppy seeds. Pour over the bread. Seal the bread in the foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from The Girl who Ate Everything.
I think I just had an orgasm.
Nothing say’s “super awesome delicious stuff” like poppy seeds and cheese.
HOLY WOW! I can’t wait to try this, it looks amazing! And so very simple. This will be a perfect appetizer for my next party or pot-luck at work. So glad I found this on Pinterest!
I was making this 5 minutes after I read this post. It is in the oven now. Can’t wait to taste it.
Love the bread and cheese…
Oh my God…
A great little original snack. Thanks
Onions are a true gift from nature, even if they do make you cry. Share with you the health benefits of onions. http://www.healthdoyen.com/health-benefits-of-onions.html
Have you ever thought about creating an ebook
or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and would love to have you
share some stories/information. I know my readers
would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
Form is loading...