|« Lentil Tomato Soup||Tahini Chicken »|
This flavorful roast is easy to make, doesn't dirty a whole lot of dishes, and will leave your mouth watering for more. Perfect for a nice Sunday dinner.
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4lb boneless pork roast
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- Combine the rub ingredients. Rub over the entire pork roast and then place on a roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for two hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the remaining glaze ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Bake for 60-90 additional minutes, brushing with glaze every ten minutes.
- When the roast reaches 160°F internal temperature, remove from the oven. Let stand ten minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Adapted from Taste of Home.