|« Orange Chocolate Ricotta Pie||Parmesan Tomatoes »|
If you really love the bitter taste of dark chocolate then these confections are for you. The rich, dark ganache in the center has a great texture and is well worth the effort.
Yield: 72 pieces
- 236g heavy cream
- 67g light corn syrup
- 2 bottles (3.7ml each) pomegranate flavoring
- 34g sweet butter at room temperature
- 422g bittersweet chocolate, melted & tempered
- This must be real chocolate
- Additional dark chocolate for dipping
- This can be chocolate or confectionary coating
- Combine the cream, corn syrup, and pomegranate flavoring in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, and cool to 40°C.
- Mix the butter into the chocolate until smooth. Add the cream mixture and stir vigorously to emulsify.
- Spread into a 9"x9" silicone pan. Cover with a piece of wax paper and let sit until completely set.
- Remove the wax paper. Precoat the top with dark chocolate. Let set.
- Remove from the silicone pan. Cut into 1.5" x 0.75" pieces. Dip in dark chocolate and let set on wax paper.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Chocolates & Confections.