|« Cheesy Bread||Spicy Chicken Pizza »|
This stew is easy to make and tastes pretty damn good. You can toss it together in the morning, let it cook all day, and come back to a homemade dinner when your day is over.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (16 oz.) golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown the pork and onion in batches. Transfer to a slow cooker and add salt & pepper.
- Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream. Cook on low for 5-7 hours, until meat is tender.
- Serve hot and top with sour cream.
Adapted from Taste of Home.