|« Parmesan Tomatoes||African Beef Curry »|
This visually striking pasta dish tastes just as good as it looks. Lots of cheese is always a welcome addition to any meal.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz. rigatoni, cooked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. grated mozarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the beef witht he garlic and pepper. Strain off excess fat. Add the crushed tomatoes, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the rigatoni and parmesan. Arrange in the springform pan standing up on end. Pack them tightly together. (You won't quite use all the rigatoni)
- Pour the meat sauce over the pasta. Push down into the rigatoni.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Cover with mozarella and bake another 15-18 minutes until the cheese is golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Run a knife along the edge, remove the side of the springform pan, and serve hot.
Adapted from Noble Pig.