|« BBQ Pizza||Fried Rice »|
Roasted Herb Chicken with Lemon Curd
I'm a real meat & potatoes kinda guy, so I never turn down the opportunity to cook a classic meal like this. Serve this up with some stuffing & mashed potatoes and you're guaranteed to popular at the dinner table.
The stuffing is a family recipe and doesn't have any measurements. Basically, I watched my father do it as a child and now I do it as an adult. Everything is done to taste, so do what I do and just make up the amounts.
- 3 1/2 lb chicken
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (see my recipe here)
- 2 large lemons, halved
- Bread slices, torn into pieces
- Chicken soup base
- Sage (this is the primary spice)
- Celery, chopped
- 1-2 chopped green apples
- Chopped onion
- Loosen skin from chicken by gently inserting your fingers between the skin and the meat. It's easiest to do this in two directions -- from the breasts working towards the back and then from the back working forward.
- Mix chicken spices together. Rub under skin.
- Combine ingredients for stuffing. There's no magic, just mix it all together.
- Fill chicken with stuffing. (If any doesn't fit, don't worry. We'll use it below)
- Place chicken in a roasting pan that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Coat chicken with lemon curd. Place lemon halves around chicken. Cover and bake at 450ºF for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350ºF (do not remove chicken from oven) and continue baking until a meat thermometer reads 180ºF (about 45-60 minutes).
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Place any extra stuffing into greased casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove stuffing from chicken. Combine with extra dressing that was baked.
- Carve chicken. Serve hot.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...