|« Pina Colada Pork Chops w/ Fruit Salsa||Braised Bear Steaks »|
S'more Brownies with Homemade Marshmallow Fluff
These brownies are simply amazing. There's no other way to describe them.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 box (19.9 oz) brownie mix
- Ingredients listed on the box to prepare brownies
- Fudge Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Graham Cracker Pieces
- Line a 9" x 13" rectangular baking pan with aluminum foil, letting the sides hang out as shown in the photo. Do this twice so that there are two layers of aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once fully cooled, remove the brownies from the baking pan. Use a 2" round cookie cutter to cut into circles.
- For the fudge sauce, combine the whipping cream and corn syrup in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Pour the cream mixture over top and let sit for 1 minute. Stir vigorously with a spoon until smooth.
- Using a teaspoon, drop a dollop of fudge sauce on each brownie round. Use your finger to spread it out evenly.
- Combine the meringue ingredients. Cook over a double-boiler while stirring constantly until it reaches 145°F. Transfer to a bowl and beat with a hand mixer on high until it turns glossy and peaks form. It won't get quite as stiff as normal meringue, but it should stiffen a fair amount.
- Put the meringue into a pastry bag with a round tip. Pipe a swirl on to each brownie. Stick in a piece of graham cracker.
- Caution: Don't go too high (like I did)! They meringue isn't very solid and will tip over.
Adapted from A Farm Girl Dabbles.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...