|« Ricotta Mashed Potatoes||Cheddar Bacon Chicken »|
These are super easy to make and combine some of the best flavors. I'd recommend them over traditional Rice Krispie squares.
Yield: 15 or 30 (depending on how you cut them)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (11 oz.) butterscotch chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Line with wax paper and let it hang over the side.
- Put sugar and cornsyup in saucepan. Heat until dissolved, and then bring to a light boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the syrup over the Rice Krispies. Stir to mix, and then press 9x13 pan. Let cool.
- Combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a small sauce pan. Heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and spread over the Rice Krispies. Let set.
- Remove from the pan by picking up using the wax paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.