|« S'mores Cheesecake||Stir-Fried Bok Choy »|
Slower Cooker Red Beans and Sausage
This comfort food is quick and easy to make. Enjoy a hot, homecooked meal with very little effort.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 ribs celery
- 1 large white onion
- 4 cans kidney beans (15 oz. each)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp chicken soup base
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Cooked rice
- Cut the sausage lengthwise and then chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Put into a 5 qt. slower cooker.
- In the same skillet, sautee the green pepper, celery, and onion until tender crisp. Add to the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Add them to the slow cooker along with the seasonings.
- Add the broth. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...