|« Orange Poppy Seed Cake||Swiss Mushroom Chicken »|
It's the sauce that really makes this a tasty dish. Give it a try and you'll be sold on it.
Guest Sous-chef: Karen
Other dishes in this picture:
- Five steaks, total of 1 3/4 lbs.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half & half
- 6 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into slices.
- Trim the beef steaks. Let sit for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Melt the butter. Saute the steaks and brown on both sides.
- While the steak is cooking, prepare the sauce by sauting the mushrooms in butter until lightly brown. Add the onions and cook until transparent.
- Sprinkle with flour and salt. Blend well.
- Add the whipping cream and half & half while stirring. Simmer until thick and creamy.
- Add worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and bell peppers.
- When the steaks are cooked, serve them topped with the creamy mushroom sauce.