|« Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese||Chocolate Pear Hazelnut Tart »|
Strawberry BBQ Sauce
You might not expect strawberries to be an ingredient in BBQ sauce, but give it a try and you'll discover that the sweetness complements the spicy sauce quite well, especially on pork.
Yield: 4 cups sauce
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- Line a baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spread the strawberries into the dish and bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pot, combine the strawberries with all remaining ingredients except the cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processer and add the cilantro. Puree until smooth.
- Use on your favorite meat while grilling. I recommend pork.
- Serve as a side for dipping the meat fresh off the grill.
Adapted from Closet Cooking.
I’m going to be sad when we’ve used it all!
Also… Where’s the recipe for that delicious looking pasta salad on that plate ;)
Form is loading...