|« Blueberry Ricotta Squares||Homemade Yogurt »|
It's strawberry season, and there's nothing like home baking with fresh strawberries that you pick yourself. I went a little overboard and picked 13 pound of berries, so now it's time to use them up. Here's a recipe for some quick bread that will impress your friends and leave your mouth watering. Makes three loaves.
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 16oz sour cream
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 5 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs, sour cream, & vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon. Combine mixtures, just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Batter will be thick.
- Grease bottoms only of three 8-inch loaf pans. Divide batter evenly.
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.