|« Caprese Chicken||Russian Black Bread »|
Strawberry Heart Cake
This cake looks great on the top and amazing when you slice into it. The layers of white and red are sure to impress.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 vanilla cake mix (15.25 oz)
- Thin Filling
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 4 tbsp strawberry syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Thick Filling
- 1 1/2 strawberry syrup
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Grease and flour two 9" heart-shaped cake pans. Divide the batter between the pans and bake according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Level the tops of the cakes. Cut each in half, resulting in two slices per cake.
- Prepare the two fillings in separate bowls. Place the first cake layer on a round piece of cardboard. Brush with the thin filling, then cover with 2-3 tbsp of the thick filling. Cover with the next cake layer and repeat until the top layer. On the top layer, only brush with the thin filling but do not cover with the thick filling.
- In mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high spead until it forms a whipped cream. Spread over sides & top of the cake.
- Cut the strawberries in half. Arrange in a grid on the cake.
- Fill a pastry bag with remaining frosting. Using a star tip, pipe frosting in a lattice work as shown in the picture.
Decoration inspired by Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...